Argyll Rd, Fort William, United Kingdom

Calluna Rates and Deals

Calluna Fort William Reviews

annthansten annthans…
Hiker's best friend? Jul 11, 2010
Uphill. A seemingly endless uphill, if you've travelled all day and are carrying all your stuff. Turns out it wasn't that far at all when I was no longer carrying my backpack.

The calluna has self-catering flats, and dorm rooms. they have more beds than they are allowed to have people in the building, so the chance of the room not being full even if they're fully booked, is pretty good.

The kitchen is big and spacious, but doesn't have the best selection of spatulas or spices. the common room was ok, but the only table was the coffee table - not really big enough for several people to have breakfast at the same time.

The other thing that really bothered me was the fact that they don't have an online booking system - I had to fax in my credit card details. Too much hassle really, where on earth do you find a fax machine these days?

But the room was nice, not exactly spacious, but with planty of shelves and hangers where we could put out stuff. They also have a drying room - my soaked shoes were completely dry the next day!

The couple who runs the place were really nice and helpful, both with things to do in the area, and how to get around. He even offered to drive us.

They also have an indoor bouldering wall, but I didn't have the time to check it out.

Check Calluna Rates and Deals