Callejoneadas

Callejoneadas - Walking down the streets

Callejoneadas Guanajuato Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Cool in some way, but not in every way... Jun 11, 2011
To start this review I will explain what the "Callejoneadas" are in Guanajuato. They are sort of outdoor live music events, held by music bands called Estudiantinas, which play old folklore mexican music from the 1600-1700s.

You start by getting your ticket and meeting them by the Teatro Juarez @9:30 PM. Initially I thought it would be just some sort of serenade in which you follow the band along through a few of the alleys of Guanajuato while they sing you songs and tell you stories. But my surprise was big when it all started being some sort of stand up comedy, and to make it worst, the kind of comedy that involves making fun of members of the audience.

I am usually a shy person, so that made me a little uncomfortable, as you never know when they will pick you for the next joke. Now, if you don't speak spanish, you will probably miss most of the jokes, but you could still have fun with the dancing, jumping and other ridiculous things they make you do.

So, as far as the songs I think it was cool, but as far as the jokes I did not like it that much.

The whole thing lasts for about 2 hours and it ends up taking you to the Callejón del Beso (Kiss Alleyway) not before explaining you the story in a hilarious way.

This is probably something you should do once just to say you did it.
The members of the Estudiantina
Embarrasing the ladies
Walking down the streets
Playing their last song
montecarlostar says:
Yeah, Guanajuato is famous for the callejoneadas. I remember once they were trying to come up with something similar in Chihuahua, but oops we don't have narrow windings streets over there hehehe
Posted on: Jun 13, 2011
Abidos says:
Definitely worth doing once, I agree. I saw the same people out selling tickets for Sunday.. must be popular!
Posted on: Jun 13, 2011