California Pizza Kitchen

Presidente Mazaryk 111, Mexico City, Mexico
cpk.com.mx - (0155)55454450
California Pizza Kitchen - Kung Pao Spaguetti made of pasta, garlic, peanuts, seafood, onion, some other Asian ingredients and the arbol chili pepper very hot ingredient indeed.
California Pizza Kitchen - Spinach, cream and artichoke soft appetizer with tortilla chips.
California Pizza Kitchen - Thai crunch Salad made of little pieces of chicken breast, cucumber, peanuts, cabagge, wonton, cilanter and carrots.
California Pizza Kitchen - Pizza made of a typical Mexican dish named 'cochinita pibil' (pork, prepared with local flavors and red onion.
California Pizza Kitchen - California chocolate cake with a light little cake with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate.
California Pizza Kitchen - The restaurant inside was quiet and not so crowded.
California Pizza Kitchen - Front of restaurant.

California Pizza Kitchen Mexico City Reviews

monky monky
California Pizza Kitchen Mar 14, 2011
The concept of this place is to enjoy American -California food in a casual, nice and relaxed environment, but one of the first things you actually can see when you are in the restaurant is the concept of fusion of different international cusine dishes from other parts from the world specially from Italian and Asian food but I could see they have made some changes here in Mexico adding some typical Mexican ingredients and flavors that are also part of the menu. They have available as well the service of taking out food.

So that, the menu of this international franchise which originally started in California is made of pizzas, salads, sadwiches, desserts and interesting to mention apart that the coffee service in this restaurant is provided by Starbucks franchise. The coctail bar is also famous because of their very good " mojitos" (Cuban very famous drink).

The restaurant we visited is just one more of other locations you can visit in Mexico city. As soon as getting there the restaurant looked like being very crowded as most places in "Polanco" area usually looks on Saturday nights, the Polanco neighborhood is a nice, typical, safe and lively area for going eating and having fun. The outdoors area of the restaurant offers a smoking area and it has a great demand. In fact it was packed with lot young people listening to some music and having fun but inside the restaurant the environment was quiet there were just a few tables busy basically with some families with children. It was more relaxed and of course not so noisy. So there we went and had a seat.

Some of the dishes we decided to try this time were made of some Asian ingredients and style, but generally speaking this restaurant is very famous because of the very good pizzas you can have and pastas.

Anyway, before the food we started with an appetizer that was made of spinach, cream and artichoke with some tortilla chips it was a very good start. Then we had the principal dishes. We ordered some spaguetti and salads with Asian style and flavours. All the dishes were really good. I loved the pasta even though the one I had was little spicy, and considering myself more or less a good lover of spicy dishes. I made the terrible mistake of trying a red chili that I found in the pasta, which is one of the hottest types even here for Mexicans. This way the story did not end very nice to me. As I spent a terrible time for several minutes after that, drinking lot ice tea and even having some tears dropping over my face. Then my advice is that even you consider yourself good with chilies be careful with this variety of chili which is named "arbol chile pepper"

And finally we had my favourite part the desserts yummy!. I had the California chocolate cake which was really good and made me be feel back on the sweet time again.

For ending this review I recommend this place for lovers of pizzas, pastas and salads who are looking for a good place and nice environment. Prices are ok considering the area where the restaurant is located (one of the most expensives in Mexico city) they have valet parking, the staff is nice, and this neighborhood in general is very interesting to visit during day or night.
Front of restaurant.
The restaurant inside was quiet an…
Spinach, cream and artichoke soft …
Kung Pao Spaguetti made of pasta, …
monky says:
For sure I know mmm maybe the red chili pasta and you would have gotten along with eachother much better than I did C;)
Posted on: Mar 16, 2011
goezi says:
Mmm, you know how I would enjoy the red chili pasta dish. Sounds perfect M!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2011
dougmi says:
Great review Monica. Pizza seems to work in every hemisphere. I have had everything from kimchi to shrimp on them and they were all good.
Posted on: Mar 15, 2011