California Hotel Barcelona

California Hotel Barcelona Rates and Deals

California Hotel Barcelona Reviews

KimiTravels KimiTrav…
cute little hotel May 07, 2012
The best thing about this hotel is the location! It's next to the famous La Rambla which makes your stay in Barcelona much better! There is always good food right across the street :)

The hotel is very small, but cute. It has small balconies which makes it really authentic. I loved it!

When we slept in the hotel it was very very cold outside and also inside our room. We got a heater from the service desk which made our much more comfortable.

The breakfast isn't very special, but that's almost never the case in hotels.

The employees are very kind. We always made a good conversation with the man behind the desk. He was funny and very kind. Loved our stay! I would definitively go back!
Cute balconies
LadyMaytje LadyMayt…
Nice hotel near the ramblas Mar 15, 2011
I got a little later at the hotel then expected.

But that wasn't a problem because the hotel has a 24- hour service.

I checked in and found out that there was an elevator to my relief.

I've read in the brochure that there was no elevator,

so that was a nice suprise.

The room is fine but if you're going to write or work at the desk they've put in, you may have a little trouble with the space.

Because the chair reaches the bedside if you pull it back.

The breakfast is simple but good. There's a small amount of pastries and croissants/pistolets.

There's a juice/cereal/coffie corner.

The hotel also has wi-fi.

You can store your suitcase etc at the reception if you have an late flight when you check out.

I would recommend this hotel if you want cheal but good.
ellieisamazing ellieisa…
Great location! Gay. Mar 29, 2009
If you are looking for a cheap hotel in the best location in Barcelona this is it. No elevator, no frills, just a small, surprisingly quiet hotel 2 blocks from La Rambla. I ended up befriending "Luz" the guy at the front desk. A little too friendly, but I am a sucker for those Spanish men. My room was TINY. Clean enough. Bathroom was adequate. But you cannot beat the price of this place! And did I mention the GREAT location. Really cannot get any better. Of course, I think there were some people selling drugs right outside the hotel, but they didn't bother me at all. I would not have guessed this was a gay hotel until Luz told me. I should have guessed when I saw some exceptionally good looking men in the lobby. I only ate the free breakfast one day, not that great, but again, great price!
Larrys says:
I notice those things. Now wait a minute, I don't think you answered the question, or did you? :)
ellieisamazing says:
leave it to you to pick up on that
Larrys says:
What exactly is "a little too friendly"?

California Hotel Barcelona Overview

The Hotel California is located near the famous Ramblas, in the historic centre of Barcelona, just 5 minutes on foot from the port as well as the important monuments, museums and sightseeing attractions, including the Picasso Museum, the cathedral and the Plaza Cataluna. Restaurants, bars, exciting nightlife, links to public transport and shopping venues can all be found in the immediate vicinity.

The sandy Braceloneta Beach is about a 10-minute drive away. The bus station is also a 10-minute journey by car from the hotel and the train station is about 15 minutes away.

The staff at the Hotel California is at your disposal to help and advise you and to ensure that your stay is unforgettable. The hotel offers 31 rooms spread over 4 floors. It is air-conditioned and has a lobby, a 24-hour reception and check-in/check-out service, as well as a hotel safe and a laundry service.

All rooms come with satellite TV, a direct dial telephone and a fully equipped bathroom, as well as individually adjustable air conditioning and heating units. A safe deposit box, ironing set, and either double or king-size beds also feature. Some rooms feature a balcony looking out on the gothic street, while guests seeking peace and quite are sure to appreciate the corridor rooms.

To get to the hotel from the airport take a train or airbus to Plaza Cataluna, and from there the green line (number 3) of the underground to the stop Liceu. The hotel is approximately a 2-minute walk from here.

California Hotel Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower