Calicos

(314) 421-0708

Calicos Saint Louis Reviews

sweetsummerdaiz sweetsum…
Calecos open late night, great location Sep 08, 2009
This was the first place I stopped in after arriving to St. Louis about 10pm on a Wednesday.

Just 1 block from the Hilton Ballpark I noticed it was on the other end of the block from TGIFriday's.

The nearest MetroLink Station to this restaurant is the Stadium Station. Calico's is 3 blocks from it.

A good crowd filled most of the seats here even late at night. It seemed that the pizza was a favorite here.

I sat at the bar. Perhaps because I was alone the bartender was relatively unattentive. I noticed that several of her friends had walked in and sat at the bar so basically I was an afterthought.

After watching her chat for about 10 minutes I eventually ordered a Schlaftly beer and received a menu. The menu was pretty large and diverse offering at least a dozen types of sandwiches, another dozen types of pasta, and still another page of pizza options.

I ordered a Philly sandwich (which probably was stupid since I was in St. Louis). It was a large portion for about $10. It lacked flavor and was pretty dull overall. Average is a good way to describe it.

The atmosphere was somewhat lively, the decor was on the gaudy side, the food was average as was pricing. I would probably try Friday's instead next time or stick to the IMO pizza place in the Hilton Hotel for late night dining.
Calico's canopy as seen from the 1…

Check Saint Louis Hotel Deals