Cajun Pride Swamp Tour

110 Frenier Road, New Orleans, LA, USA - Toll free: 1-800-467-0758 or 504-467-0758

Cajun Pride Swamp Tour New Orleans Reviews

dzhao1988 dzhao1988
great experience Mar 31, 2011
great experience, too bad for me it was during March where everything in the swamp was asleep but the best time to go is around May i believe
victorjunior victorju…
Amazing swamp and alligator tour in New Orleans May 06, 2010
This was such an amazing tour. The staff was very nice and our tour guide was very informative and funny. We saw allot of swamp land and wild natural swamp animals. We had a chance to feed and see alligators get fed. I even held a baby gator.

This is a tour I would definitely recommend to anyone who travels to NOLA. The tour itself was over an hour long. They are based about 20-30 min out of NOLA but they will come to your hotel and pick you up. If they don't go to your hotel they have a few spots in the city area where they will pick you up.

The boat ride was very smooth with frequents stops. (NO RESTROOM STOPS SO GO BEFORE YOU GO HAHAHA) Every time our guide saw a alligator or other wild animal he would stop and educate us. This tour was not just about alligators. It was about the swamp land and all its natural habitat, from all the wild life to plant life and how the swamps were formed. It was a truly amazing educational experience. If you have children then I highly recommend you take them on this tour. They will not get board.

Cajun Pride Swamp Tours also has a very nice moderately priced Gift and Souvenir shop. I picked up a few gifts and souvenirs for myself and the family that will always remind me of this amazing tour company and the effect they had on my NOLA experience.

This is not the only tour that Cajun Pride Swamp Tours provides. They also provide a Plantation, City and Cemetery Tour. We actually put together our own package that included all these tours at a discounted rate. Talk to them and they will work with you.

Next time in NOLA look up and plan a day to spend with Cajun Pride Swamp Tours.
Tasty Humans. hahaha
Just me and Junior hanging out. h…
missandrea81 missandr…
Great way to see Louisiana's swamps, the city of New Orleans or the plantations outside the city Jul 02, 2008
To not be misleading, the Cajun Pride Swamp Tour is actually based out of Laplace, LA, about 20 minutes west of New Orleans, but since most of you will probably visit New Orleans and then look for things to do in the area I'll post my review in this existing spot. (I'll be cross posting it in Laplace as well) OK, here we go....

We had booked the tour with transportation from our hotel in New Orleans. The tour bus with our nice Cajun driver Derick showed up punctually at 12:30pm. We got in the cool van and headed towards Laplace about 20 minutes west of NOLA, give or take according to traffic.

We arrived at the location. There's a nice little gift shop here, a place to buy some drinks and restrooms in case you need one.

We were waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Lots of people came here by car and the tour before us was a school bus load with kids, probably a summer break event or something. They seemed like they had had lots of fun. :)

But now it was our turn! We were loaded onto the boat and off we went. This tour is great since it's the company's private swamp. No other swamp tour boats that you have to compete with to get a climbs of a gator or ruin the all together picture of the swamp.

It didn't take long until the first gator was headed for our boat. We had a few kids on board who were very quick to spot them and made sure that everyone else knew that they had seen them first. lol Ah, to be a kid again. ;)

Now, here's a surprise! Gators love marshmallows! Our tour guide handed the bag of treats to the kids and they went nuts. haha We kept moving to get a couple of the gators together in one spot. The first feeding started and the kids were allowed to fed the gators one by one with chicken on a stick. They loved it.

I was getting a bit cranky because I kind of wanted to try that too, but I wasn't going to push little kids out of my way to have my turn. lol

We headed deep into the swamp saw a couple of alligators here and there, passed the Swamp Tour Inn (don't want to ruin the "story" behind it) and got to hold a little baby alligator that was in the care of the Cajun Pride Tours. Someone had found it near the highway all by itself and brought it in for care so it might have a chance of survival.

Now, if the baby alligator gets agitated you wanna make a big ssssshhhhh sound behind its head because otherwise it might pee on you! True story! (It happened to one of our fellow TB buddies, if you're out there, speak up)

The technique was used by a couple of us because the poor thing was handed back and forth between the kids before any of the grown ups got a chance. It was pretty cool to hold one though!

We were headed into a dead end of the swamp now. It was pretty hot out. Boy was I glad that I dressed light. By the way, I didn't need any OFF spray, but you might wanna bring it along anyways, just in case.

There seemed to be a nest of alligators in this dead end because a LOT of them started showing up from all directions and they were BIG!! The largest one, appropriately named Big Boy, was 12 feet long. That's 4 meters for my European friends. ;)

Who got to feed him??? I got to feed him!! Weeeeee I ended up having to fight for my stick but I did save it and was honored by the tour guide. lol

People, alligators aside. The swamp is a gorgeous place!! I enjoyed the tour a lot. If you like nature and animals you should definitely go on this tour! I enjoyed it a lot. We didn't get to see a lot of other animals, but I guess it's just a matter of right time right place. You can't force nature. Maybe you'll get lucky and see even more then we did! Enjoy!!
Ye, be warned!!
The Louisiana swamp
Don't worry, you'll see plenty of …
Feeding the beast
missandrea81 says:
You're welcome. They pick you up at your hotel if you're staying in New Orleans. ;)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2013