Cajovna Pohoda

Laurinska 3, Bratislava, Slovakia - 02 5443 3103, 0905 614 177

Cajovna Pohoda Bratislava Reviews

Vermithrax Vermithr…
Exotic Teas, Coffee, Beer, and Sandwiches May 26, 2010
Well, that was fun! Members of my travel group have just left on their way back to Vienna and I'm now sitting here happily in this warm, little coffee shop writing postcards to friends and family back home while a torrential downpour rages outside. Delicious smells of cakes, sandwiches, coffee, hot chocolate, and exotic teas fill the air inside as I sip and savour my third pint of Bernard Beer--a really nice Czech pilsner. I wish I could get this type of draught where I live. There are some good imitations, but nothing in the world comes close to the smooth way beer tastes in this part of world.

Earlier in the day my group had been walking around Bratislava's Old Town. The tour organizer, Micheal, gave us an hour of free time so we could wander on our own and take pictures. As I'd already done lots of photo-taking around here early this morning, I decided to sit down, relax, and have a drink to cool off. The green umbrellas on the patio at Cajovna Pohoda appeared inviting and it looked like a fantastic place to people watch. I could also keep a close eye on our meet-up spot on the corner. I ordered a beer, lit a cigarette, and one by one the members of the gang slowly joined me--Viorel first, then Karl, Chris, Micheal, Andreea, Isabelle, until all 11 of us were there. I've often found that when our travel group appears places unannounced the wait staff can easily get flustered and frustrated by both the number of people and the different accents of our nationalities. But here they seemed friendly, accommodating, and the prices were very good. I vowed to return later in the day.

Another long walk around Bratislava town, over the bridge to the UFO restaurant and back, Micheal asks our crew, "I think maybe we should have a tea or coffee somewhere before we get the ferry back to Vienna? I'm not sure where though..." I suggest, "That place we were at earlier seemed alright and they had coffee." To my surprise he wholeheartedly agrees with me, "That's a good idea, let's go!," and he sets off at his quick pace--a speed which the rest of us have a little trouble keeping up to. For a big man, he's very light on his feet!

On our second visit in the same afternoon, the staff at Cajovna Pohoda is just as pleasant. We sit ourselves at a long wood-topped table at the back of the room and order coffee, beers, and some try sandwiches. It's a cozy atmosphere on a rainy day.

Sadly, time presses on and my friends have a ferry to catch. I see them off with handshakes and hugs, promising we'll meet again--some of us will be in Krakow together in just a day's time. I arrange my postcards, stamps, and mail address list on a smaller table in the restaurant, order another pint of Bernard and set into writing correspondence.

I found out later that there is no real translation of the word, "pahoda" into English but "Cajovna Pohoda" basically means "cool/pleasant tearoom". ...And that it is, indeed!
Cajovna Pohoda - Inside (2010)
Cajovna Pohoda - Bernard Beer (201…
Cajovna Pohoda (2010)