Caffe' A Gambe Di Gatto

0578 757431

Caffe' A Gambe Di Gatto Montepulciano Reviews

nmcrae1 nmcrae1
Jun 01, 2007
My personal favorite cafe in all of Italy. Fantastic for morning espresso, afternoon drinks, aperitivi, digestivi and anything else! Manuel, the proprietor, befriended the small group of students studying in Montepulciano of which I was part. He is extremely generous and vastly knowledgable about his business. He blew me away with his expertise when, at the end of our month-and-a-half stay in Montepulciano, we did a private wine and olive oil tasting at A Gambe di Gatto.

Manuel is a fabulous bartender and barista and makes delicious coffee drinks and cocktails alike (although he is not a cocktail man; in his words "I prefer wine"; sometimes he will partake of a little Guatamalan rum now and again as well). While he serves you wine and coffee, his wife, Laura, serves delicious on-the-house snackables: bruschetta, cheeses, prosciutto, salami, bean salads, contucci, etc. Slightly more substantial foods are also available.

Manuel speaks a good bit of English, though he will often bring Laura into the conversation, as she is slightly better at English. They are both very friendly, and, like many Italians, if you speak a little Italian to them they will love you even more. It's the effort, really. I guarantee that, after a few visits, you will fall in love with this cafe and these two wonderful people (there is also another girl who sometimes works there, but she generally sticks close to the kitchen and doesn't talk much, sadly). Make sure to check this place out. Seriously.
My friends and I in front of the c…
Manuel's delightful wife, Laura.
Manuel, the proprietor.