Cafe (without name)

Eloy Alfaro and Malecon Julio Izurieta, Puerto Lopez, Ecuador
Cafe (without name) - sweet messages
Cafe (without name) - with the sweet lady :)
Cafe (without name) - sweet messages
Cafe (without name) - no sign outside
Cafe (without name) - nice walls with memories
Cafe (without name) - coffee just made
Cafe (without name) - sweet lady preparing everything

Cafe (without name) Puerto Lopez Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Cafe, didn't have a name... but made you feel at home Jul 04, 2009
I was so happy / sad we found this place. Happy because it was so nice, but sad because they were closing. We were the last customers...

So this review might not be helpful for future travelers, but I decided to write it as a tribute for someone who was an important part of Puerto Lopez.

We found this place by chance, while we were looking for coffee. There wasn't any sign with the name, maybe because they were starting to move.

The place was small and not fancy decorated, in fact the lady was already packing, but you can't no notice the walls. They were covered with messages and signatures from people all over the world, who went there to enjoy a tasty dessert, good coffee and wanted to leave something. The lady was telling me, that the owner, his son, was feeling sad about the walls and the memories he'd leave behind.

This place was famous for their homemade desserts, which were so tasty. The carrot cake was delicious and the pineapple one we got was too good. So bad we couldn't get much more than one bite, because of the ants' incident. But it was enough to realize how good it was!

The lady was a sweet old lady, who ended up telling me the whole story of the business and giving us discounts for being the last customers. The whole family worked here, but she and her husband were getting old and thought about retirement...

It was heart breaking leaving and watching her packing and closing business. Hopefully they decide to start another business. Next time I'm in Puerto Lopez, I'd look for a cafe without name...
nice walls with memories