Lípová 404/43, Teplice, Czech Republic
www.udedouska.cz - +420 776 015 319
Cafe u Dedouska - Cafe u Dedouska
Cafe u Dedouska - The 'waffle'

Cafe u Dedouska Teplice Reviews

german_eagle german_e…
Cosy place with excellent coffee Oct 06, 2016
I was tired and looking for a place to have coffee. Originally I had planned to go to one of the historic Viennese-style cafes, but then I saw this cute little coffee-bar on Lipova street, vis-a-vis from Havlickovy sady. A quick look and I saw they had a huge list of coffee from all over the world, which is (still) hard to find in the Czech Republic. Whoa!

The lady who runs it didn't speak any German or English, but we managed with my little Czech ... The table outside was occupied, the two tables inside also. But there were sorts of 'provisory' seats with little tables along the walls, a bit cramped, but in the end charming (like the whole interior) and not uncomfortable.

From the long list I picked an organic coffee from Peru. All the coffee is in beans, she grinds it on the spot after you ordered - takes a little while, of course. Base for the price is espresso - 33 Kc (about 1.30 Euro) per cup, for all the other sorts of coffee (cappuccino, latte macchiato ...) she charges 5 Kc more. I ordered latte macchiato, which was excellent and came with a cookie and a glass of water as well (free).

She also has a huge selection of oplatky (Oblate in German, sort of waffles - very thin round piece of unleavened bread). They are sold in boxes with several pieces, but I wanted only one - she opened a box and sold me the one I wanted (chocolate, of course :-)). Price was 5 Kc (ca. 0.20 Euro). Yummy!
The "waffle"