Cafe l'Exotic.

082 71 13 84

Cafe l'Exotic. Beauraing Reviews

planxty planxty
A little bit edgier. Apr 14, 2017
On my second full day in Beauraing I took off for another day's sightseeing, such as it was locally on foot, and obviously a few bars along the way. I had visited a few establishments of my recent acquaintance and was wandering round fairly aimlessly in the early evening when I came upon Cafe l'Exotic which I remarkably had not seen before as Beauraing is not exactly a bustling metropolis. Well, that had to be investigated then so in I went.

I wondered then, as I do now, why it was called l'Exotic and not l'Exotique with this being a French speaking region of this bi-lingual country.

If the reader has been kind enough to wade through my other reviews on bars in Beauraing they will know that they are uniformly clean, tidy, well-ordered and thoroughly pleasant places to drink. This is all great and I recommend any of them but I have this fetish for seeking out "rough houses" as will be seen when I get to transferring all my reviews from round the world and transferred from another regrettably destroyed website eventually. I have literally been in places that locals will not go with me!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not for one moment suggesting that l'Exotic is a place to avoid, far from it as it is a clean and tidy, well-run bar with a decent selection of beer, friendly staff and friendlier patrons but it just somehow seemed to me to be more "real" than some of the other bars in town which, delightful as they are, all seemed to be a bit "twee" to me. Whilst it is nowhere on a par with some of the places I have drunk it just seemed to be more alive and slightly less civilised if that makes sense.

My beer was well-kept and served as would be expected in Belgium and the locals were friendly to a fault, even putting up with my abysmal French which I did insist on trying out. This very review is an example of what I mean. In other reviews in Beauraing I have literally dozens of images of every little feature of various bars but this review has one image, taken from the outside as I was leaving. Not that I am suggesting for one second that anyone would have said a word to me had I taken images inside but it just didn't seem right somehow. I suppose all things are relative and where I live this place would be deemed "posh" but here it really was not. I don't really do "posh" and this suited me down to the ground.

If you want something just a little bit more local than the completely town centre bars, this could well be for you. I know it was for me.
Hardly exotic but great fun.

Check Beauraing Hotel Deals