Cafe du Monde Beignets

New Orleans, Louisiana

Cafe du Monde Beignets New Orleans Reviews

amandalaren amandala…
Yummy Aug 08, 2012
I wanted to stop by here based on rave reviews I had heard from other people and read in books. I know it is pretty popular and they sell beignets all over the city but it was close to my hotel.

I was a bit surprised how long the line was and all of the tables were taken so I wasn't sure we'd get to go because I didn't want to wait an hour. Eventually, late one evening, we decided to go. The line had about 25 people and we literally only waited about 10 minutes - perfect. They only had ONE window and they went very quickly, getting our need met. We had three beignets for about 2.50 which was great and a large coffe. We decided to eat and relax just over the hill by the Mississippi river (two minute walk) and it was so yummy. I would recommend going, don't be discouraged by the lines.

Amanda - Michigan
ewrewr12 ewrewr12
There good - but not the best. May 04, 2012
These are pretty good and its hard to say they are not because their doughnuts afterall. but if you are lookin for the best in town i like "cafe beignet" on Royal st.

They have a full breakfast and if you get the beignets to go they come in a bag that you can shake and cover them in the perfect amount of powered suger.

its just as good of a location, half the line and I think they are better.

The only thing i really like at this coffee shop is the frozen coffee, its great on a hot day.
kagephoenix kagephoe…
Excellent breakfast or afternoon snack!! Apr 25, 2011
Cafe du Monde is a MUST DO if you are in New Orleans! A cute open air cafe where you can sit, eat your beignets, have a coffee and people watch! Easily located on one end of the French Market in the French Quarter!
te-quiero te-quiero
Best on a NOLA night out Feb 05, 2011
Beignets at Café du Monde are delicious - no one will tell you otherwise. The lines first thing in the morning and all day long are a bit of a turn-off, though, so why not try going around midnight? They are crazy delicious and perfect for a midnight snack! And guess what? NO LINE OF PEOPLE SNAKING AROUND THE BLOCK! These little babies are cheap as chips, too. Enjoy :D
seamerry seamerry
Amazing! Must go! Jun 04, 2010
If you go into New Orleans! You MUST go to Cafe du Monde! IT is quick service and a great place to meet fellow travelers of all ages.
ishi ishi
Cafe du Monde Beignets May 29, 2007
Located just off the Riverwalk in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Cafe du Monde is known around the country for its famous beignets. These are square shaped, deep fried donut type desserts sprinkled with confecioner's sugar (Personally, I like mine covered in confectioner's sugar, not just sprinkled!). You can have your choice of beverage to go along with the beignets, but the beverage of choice is cafe au lait ~ hot coffee with milk. There are some copy cat places, but none can compare to the original Cafe du Monde! When visiting the New Orleans area, this is a must visit attraction!
Cafe du Monde with outdoor patio r…
mswim says:
I love Cafe du Monde! Anytime I'm in NOLA I head straight for the cafe, they make the best beignets.
Posted on: Jul 15, 2008
martinikitty13 says:
Cafe du Monde is awesome! I go once a day (at least) when I'm in NOLA. Nothing like powdered sugar melting on the fried dough!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2008
coreyanderson says:
Cafe Du Monde is sooo cute. You have to sit outside and people watch while eating your beignets too! Can't beat it!!!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Cafe du Monde Beignets

Day 1 of New Orleans Adenture
This is start of day 1 of New Orleans Adventure Day 1 of New Orleans  June 3rd 2011 Today is first day of trip to New Orleans been in a long time for booking and planning off for 3 days in Ne…du Monde , a landmark New Orleans beignet cafe established in 1862. Which is a historic place and where many people…
Party City
So this weekend I went to New Orleans for a "just for the hell of it" trip with some of my college friends. It was my second time going. Friday we walked French Quarter and the French Marketplace whi…Cafe du Monde which is the "new orleans thing to do." They have beignets (funnel cake donuts practically). Really cheap…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals