Cafe du Globe.

+352 26 270 270

Cafe du Globe. Luxembourg Reviews

planxty planxty
Pleasant bar, very lively customers. Apr 24, 2017
Cafe du Globe is one of the numerous cafe / bars I visited during my few days stay in the "Station Quarter" in Luxembourg City and it conforms very much to type for the area. I have mentioned in other places that this area is not, shall we say, too genteel and has a predominantly immigrant population. It is the hotel bar of the establishment of the same name but is not what the reader may associate with the concept of a hotel bar and I am not even sure if the public can access the latter from the former without going outside. It is effectively just a bar which is clean and tidy and I was greeted by a very friendly server who spent no time at all in dispensing a well-kept and served large beer although that comment is becoming somewhat repetitive as I do not believe I had a sub-standard drink served to me in my whole time in the country.

There is little remarkable about the Cafe du Globe although I feel I should mention the patrons here. In an area of town with more than it's fair share of "eccentrics", this place seems to be something of a magnet for them and as the evening wears on the music seems to get louder with the singing getting proportionately more raucous to match. Although there is no delineated dance area as such, that does not seem to deter anyone and I even saw occasional bursts of "cowboy style" line dancing breaking out from time to time none of which seemed to faze the consistently affable staff in the slightest. I personally never felt threatened and this is the very type of place I seek out but I mention it as it may not be to everyone's liking. I have included here an image of yet another "new best friend" I made there. The locals really are a friendly bunch. The only slight irritant here is that the Globe also seems to be a magnet for many of the dozens of African trinket sellers that plague the city. They were never aggressive, just a nuisance.

I really enjoyed this cafe / bar and, if you like your watering hole a little rough round the edges then it could well be for you.
Cafe du Globe.
Yet another "new best friend".

Check Luxembourg Hotel Deals