Cafe des Spores

103 Chaussée d'Alsemberg, Brussels, Belgium

Cafe des Spores Brussels Reviews

Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
The Mushroom Cafe Aug 12, 2010
We have been looking forward to this cafe for quite some time, due to its trendy image and a potentially mouth-watering theme - the concept behind the cafe is to centre all meals around mushrooms.

First impressions are very good at Cafe des Spores, the chef decides what meals to cook on the day and the waitress writes up the creations on the board. The decor is akin to a dark trendy sushi bar, and really there was only one tiny hiccup with the whole event - the food was decidedly average. Oddly, given the mushroom theme, they struggled to come up with a vegetarian meal, so the chef just fried a plate of mushrooms for me. Of course I was very happy to get a cast iron pan placed in front of me, with mushrooms still sizzling, but they were actually really disappointing, with no flavour beyond the reams of parsley mixed in. I hoped it was just a one off, but everyone else's meals were similarly forgettable. Certainly not to the standard I expect in a gourmet city like Brussels, let alone what I would pay €20 for.
ik-ben-10eke says:
Sorry to hear it did not meet your expectations.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2010