Cafe de Schutter

Voetboogstraat 13-15 , Amsterdam, Netherlands

Cafe de Schutter Amsterdam Reviews

dqfn1 dqfn1
The restaurant is upstairs! Feb 08, 2011
Okay, now who expects to find a restaurant upstairs? I don't! But this restaurant is, as is everything of this cafe/restaurant.

I've eaten here with a group of co-students twice, meaning it's quite good. Everything is cheap, from the wine up to the main course. Making a reservation is a smart thing to do, because there aren't many seats and tables.

But if there is no space left, restaurant Carels III is just across the street.

After having tea it seems to be custom to through your teabag against the ceeling, so have a look up and be scared... sometimes a teabag falls down you know: everything that goes up must come down.

Overall this is a nice cafe to have a cheap dinner at.
HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Terrific Burger Sep 11, 2009
Some of the TravBuddies who were from The Netherlands who showed up to greet me and another American took us to Cafe de Schutter.

This cafe has a couple dozen beers on tap, though as I don't drink all that frequently this was more just window dressing for me. I know beer is a big thing for many, so there's plenty of options to be had.

I had the Schutterburger, which is simply a hamburger. Burgers are hard to do badly. The Schutterburger turned out to be really good. Not too dry, cooked just right.

The burger came with salad and fries. The fries were served with mayonnaise, which is a way I had eaten fries many times in the States, but it is not all that common over here.

A great meal, typical of the kind of bar food I'd expect.

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals