Cafe Sax's

Jagersbrunnen 6a, Schweinfurt, Germany

Cafe Sax's Schweinfurt Reviews

Larrys Larrys
Fine dining on a budget Mar 13, 2009
Spring has arrived in Germany. This is our first spring in this new country and we don't want to miss anything. The air is clean and warm, the trees are budding and the tulips are in bloom. My wife and I love to walk downtown after work and take in the beauty of nature.

Tonight we decided to head toward the hospital, window shop (she likes stopping at every jewelry store) and try out a new restaurant in our little town of Schweinfurt. We never know where we will end up. Most of the time we wander until we find a place that pulls at our senses and draws us in.

Tonight we were drawn to Sax's. This is a very nice cafe, restaurant and bar located close to downtown near the Galleria and C&A department stores.

The restaurant has a covered outdoor seating in front and folding doors that open completely to allow customers inside the pleasure of nice spring air. The bar has under counter lighting in various spring colors like lavender, cool blue and pink. Smooth jazz playing in the cafe provides the perfect atmosphere for a relaxing evening for drinks, dinner or both.

My wife had a fillet, 300 gm of Argentine beef, fries and fresh salad for under 15 euros. I ordered the salmon fillet on spinach with baked potato wedges and a salad for 12 euros. The total bill with 2 big hefeweisen beers was under 35 euros.

Last but not least, the service was excellent! Our waitress was a beautiful young woman named Verena. A native of Schweinfurt who lived in CO for 18 months and spoke excellent English. She really made the dining experience a pleasure. Thanks Verena and if you go please say "hello" and ask her about Vail. You will love the experience.
Argentine filet and fries
inside the restaurant
Good Friday meal of Salmon, spinac…
row-zzzzz says:
Love your writing, you draw me right into your hometown!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009
Larrys says:
the beef was pretty good but I still prefer Black Angus from the US.
Posted on: Apr 11, 2009
Koralifix says:
Sounds like a great place to stop by!
Posted on: Apr 10, 2009