Cafe Royal

0191 231 3000

Cafe Royal Newcastle upon Tyne Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Cafe Royal Aug 06, 2013
The Café Royale in central Newcastle is a nice café near the city centre. It is a go-up-to-the-counter to order café, but the waitresses will bring the food to your table and the food is absolutely amazing. I had feta filo parcels with fennel salad and the person I was with had walnut goats cheese with little raspberry jelly cube things. The food was beautiful to look at and tasted amazing. There are also lots of other salads, and for those of you who don’t like leaves, things like steak sandwiches with chips. There is also a stunning range of cakes, scones, teas and coffees. It’s rare that I find myself realising that something is missing in Manchester, but this was one of those times.

I was also genuinely impressed with the service here. They were just great. I didn’t take a lot of photos because I was there on a business trip and didn’t want to look too weird. The café has quite a buzz, because there are quite a lot of tables, so this is probably better for shopping or non-confidential business than for romance. The café is lovely though, with lots of light and bright décor. Two mains, with soft drinks, came to £22 ish (August 2013), and two slices of cake and two coffees came to £11, which is about average for a café. I would definitely return if I happen to be in Newcastle again.

Check Newcastle upon Tyne Hotel Deals