Cafe Restaurant Old Borjomi

Cafe Restaurant Old Borjomi - Old Borjomi: Salad and beer

Cafe Restaurant Old Borjomi Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Cafe Restaurant Old Borjomi Jun 06, 2015
I went twice for dinner to the Cafe Restaurant Old Borjomi. This was mainly because I found the dining options in the town a bit limited and in Old Borjomi were always some people either eating or at least having a drink.

The interior of the restaurant is designed in a dark wooden style; so is the furniture. The menu offers a selection of local traditional dishes from Khinkali to all sorts of meat barbeques.

On my first evening I opted for veal barbeque (9 GEL), french fries (3 GEL) and 2 local Zedazeni beer (2 GEL each). On my second evening I ordered 5 Khinkali (0,60 GEL each), a salad (3,50 GEL) and bread (1 GEL).

Khinkali are a Georgian speciality: Dumplings with various fillings, mostly spiced meats. Often a minimum of 10 pieces has to be ordered, so I was quite happy to order 5 pieces, which I found the perfect quantity for just one person.

My meals were tasty and both times I enjoyed my visits of Old Borjomi, as it is also a good place for people watching. For me it looked like the restaurant is mainly frequented by international travellers.

Staff was always attentive and even spoke some English. A 10 % service charge was directly added to the bill, but this seems to be quite common in Georgia.

Directions: The Cafe Restaurant Old Borjomi is situated on the right side of the river Mtkvari. It can be found in the Kostava Street, just south west of the train station Borjomi Park.
Old Borjomi: Khinkali
Old Borjomi: Veal barbeque and fen…
Old Borjomi: Salad and beer