Cafe Proverbs

3F Domus Hyakumanben blg, Kyoto, Japan
Cafe Proverbs - Cafe Proverbs.
Cafe Proverbs - Tea with soy milk at Cafe Proverbs.
Cafe Proverbs - Taco Bowl at Cafe Proverbs.
Cafe Proverbs - Power Bowl at Cafe Proverbs.

Cafe Proverbs Kyoto Reviews

cmgervais cmgervais
What they feed vegans in heaven. Apr 02, 2008
Cafe Proverbs is a sunny all-vegan cafe in East Kyoto, within walking distance (about 10 minutes) of Ginkaku-ji temple.

I started with a small green salad, which was garnished with bits of avocado, tomato, and onion. It was crisp, fresh and delicious.

Next I had the Taco Bowl, which was lettuce, rice, and taco-seasoned seitan or tofu. It was excellent and filling. I wish I could eat like this every day.

Steve had the Power Bowl, a bowl of rice and vegetables that didn't really deserve its name. It wasn't very large and contained no protein. (Steve left hungry).

For dessert I had strawberry cake and Steve tried the cheesecake. Both portions were very small, which was OK since they tasted like Play-do. (Vegan cheese cake? What were we thinking?)

Lunch was on the pricey side at $30 for two. A better bargain could be had by ordering a "lunch set" and avoiding the desserts.

Come early. We arrived just before noon and were seated right away. By the time we left, the cafe was full and there was a line.
Cafe Proverbs.
Tea with soy milk at Cafe Proverbs.
Taco Bowl at Cafe Proverbs.
Power Bowl at Cafe Proverbs.
cmgervais says:
Enjoy! Try that Taco Bowl -- yum :^)
Posted on: May 21, 2008
Aquedita says:
Oh my gosh, I've got to visit there! :)
Thanks for the review.
You do realize that a long line in front of a restaurant/cafe is the best recomendation from locals, right? ;)
Posted on: May 21, 2008
viciousv04 says:
Kyoto is a place where I dream to go!! :)
Posted on: Apr 04, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Cafe Proverbs

Japan Itinerary - Kyoto
Activities Nishiki Market - food market, near hotel, closes at 6pm. Shops in market Kinkakuji - Golden Pavilion - The most famous temple in Kyoto and probably Japan. The temple is literally cov…Proverbs is a sunny all-vegan cafe in East Kyoto, within walking distance (about 10 minutes) of Ginkaku-ji temple…

Check Kyoto Hotel Deals