Cafe Opera

55 23 03 15

Cafe Opera Bergen Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Good Neighborhood Restaurant Sep 07, 2015
Bergen is a lovely city with a small center. There are many places to eat by the waterfront and the Brygge District. However, I was staying about a 15 minute walk from there and wanted something closer but still good. The Cafe Opera fit the bill. It was very busy, with locals, not tourists. It had local food on the menu. Although one can dine outside, it was a bit chilly so I sat indoors. You seat yourself and go to a counter to order your food. I had a nice reindeer steak with lingonberries and potatoes. I expected reindeer to taste like venison, but it was more like pot roast. I'm not a beef fan so that was a little disappointing, but that was not the restaurant's fault! I should not have been surprised as I had eaten elk before and found the same thing. The cafe seemed to be a happening place as many people entered to go to some event upstairs, which I later found out to be Trivia Night. I love Trivia, but it was held in Norwegian of course, so I couldn't participate. I really like the local and casual feel of the place, and I'm sure the reindeer was made very well. I'll just try some other game meat next time.
mainhart says:
Funny thing is it was nowhere near an opera house.
Posted on: Oct 01, 2015
spocklogic says:
Any opera on the menu? ; )
Posted on: Oct 01, 2015