Cafe Op Der Gare

Rue de Wormeldange, Gonderange, Luxembourg

Cafe Op Der Gare Gonderange Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Probably the worst cup of coffee I ever had Feb 16, 2017
We were in the need of a coffee and I had just turned down a suggestion from my wife, Ming to take the coffee at the gas station where we had put on fuel on the car some 3 km earlier. I wanted to sit down in a cafe and relax and enjoy a cup of coffee. We had been driving all morning and I felt like a short break.

We had left Luxembourg City not so much earlier and we were heading north into Germany passing one small village after the other. The Cafe Op Der Gare, had market itself as a Gastro Pub on their billboard even though it didn't look like it. We were actually in doubt if it was open. The front area of the cafe was covered in light snow and there were no footsteps indicating that there had been any action that day. We entered the smal cafe, which was located on a corner between two small roads.

Well inside we were met by a young man, who greeted us from behind the counter. I had a bit problem understanding him as I couldn't even understand if he spoke french or german. I managed to order two expressos and we sat down near a window. The coffees arrived shortly after and even though we added loads of milk in them, the bitterness of the coffee was horrendous. I think it was the first coffee I couldn't finish ever. The price for this undrinkable coffee was 2 euro each which actually was an offence.
Inside the cafe
Outside
Outside
HORSCHECK says:
Oh well, maybe the first coffee of the day is probably not the best. Interesting review here.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2017