Cafe Ofvandahls Hovkonditori

Sysslomansgatan 5, Uppsala, Sweden

Cafe Ofvandahls Hovkonditori Uppsala Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Cafe Ofvandahls Hovkonditori Oct 16, 2013
As one of my guidebooks described Cafe Ofvandahls Hovkonditori as having "old-world charm", I decided to give it a try on my second afternoon in Uppsala. The history of the cafe dates back to the 19th century and some famous locals are said to have visited the place in the past.

Cafe Ofvandahls has a wide selection of cakes, pastries and even sandwiches on offer. I ordered a streusel cake and a black tea at the counter. The bill for both items was 50 SEK, which I found a reasonable price for Sweden.

Unfortunately, the cafe was quite full, so that I had to take a seat at one of the very last free tables in the middle of one of the rooms. That way I could enjoy some people watching and listen to the conversations around me, which interesting enough were mostly in English.

The interior of Cafe Ofvandahls is equipped with wooden tables, old paintings and plush sofas. Everything including the carpet looks a bit run down, but all this is part of the charm of the place. I would definitely come here again, but then would prefer to sit somewhere at the window.

Directions: Cafe Ofvandahls Hovkonditori is located south of Uppsala's Cathedral in close vicinity to the market hall (Saluhallen).
Cafe Ofvandahls: Tea and streusel …
Cafe Ofvandahls Hovkonditori
Ils1976 says:
the name alone made me wonder ... nice review!
Posted on: Jan 29, 2017