Cafe Mozart

22 Getreidegasse, Salzburg, Austria

Cafe Mozart Salzburg Reviews

oceanroses oceanros…
Very classic Austrian café... very viennese actually. Jan 12, 2009
This little Cafe feels a bit hidden, though it is in fact stormed by tourists and locals alike. Whats so special about it, is the decoration... very baroque, very golden, many mirrors and Cristal-lamps.

Otherwise it does offer what every other cafe in austria offers too, excellent coffee of any kind, from the viennese types, like melange to the italian kind, caffe latte and the kind. It also has tarts, pies and other things for the sweet tooth.

But what sets it apart a bit, is that it has warm kitchen... soups, salads and also more complicated things. And what makes it a touristy place... it offers "Salzburger Nockerl". Not my personal favourite dessert, but you can't go through here without trying a local speciality.

It has a non-smoking and a smoking area, the waiters are nice and the prices are okay for the city-centre... where everything has a certain special price.
Salzburger Nockerl
mickey03 says:
I agree and we had fantastic gulasch suppe and kartoffeln suppe there. The above soups are our absolute favourites when we are in Germany and Austria. I will definitely try the Nokerl next time because I will definitely go to Salzburg again
Posted on: Jan 31, 2011