Cafe Mosaico

Valparaiso, Quito, Ecuador

Cafe Mosaico Quito Reviews

dyevushka dyevushka
Beautiful view, decent food Mar 11, 2011
Average food prices (for Ecuador, which translates... cheap for anyone visiting from the U.S. or Europe). They serve Greek, American (U.S.), and Ecuadorian dishes. Try the tzatziki sauce & pitas!!! The coffee was also very nice, but as other reviewers have mentioned, the service (our waiter) was slow. Also, my friend ordered apple pie and it tasted like it had been reheated in an oven with ketchup, mustard, and hamburgers . Stay simple and you’ll be fine. The ambiance is great, the view is unbelievable, and then after you enjoy your meal or snack, take a walk (a block up the street) to the Parque Itchimbia, where you can see even more of the city and visit the galleries inside of the Palacio Crystal.
With friends at Cafe Mosaico
Cafe Mosaico
View from Cafe Mosaico
yadilitta yadilitta
Amazing view, but not very good service - Cafe Mosaico Jul 11, 2009
We went to this place mainly because of it's great view. This cafe is located in Itchimbia and has an amazing view of the Old Town. Just don't do the same mistake we did: climbing the stairs, hahaha. They are endless, better take a cab.

The cafe is very nice. The decoration inside is beautiful. The best is the balcony where you can admire old town. I'd suggest you to take a jacket, since it might get cold in the evening.

The menu was really great and tempting, unfortunately due to a very slow service, we weren't able to enjoy our food properly. We had to take it with us. I tried it while we were driving. It was very good, but might have tasted much better if I was eating enjoying the view. This place is not cheap and might be a bit pricy, so you expect really good service, but not at all. Maybe we were unlucky, but the waiter was very slow and a bit rude... Our order took more than 45min! And we ended up having it to go.

Sorry, but no pics from my food...

I read great reviews about this place, so maybe you would have better luck here. Anyway, I enjoyed a breathtaking view of Old Town at night.
outside the cafe
nice interior
nice interior
the balcony
yadilitta says:
yes, view is awesome and the place looks very nice. Maybe we were unlucky... who knows.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009
sarahsan says:
Looks like a nice place with an awesome view! Too bad about the service.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009
Bluetraveler Bluetrav…
Best View of Historic Downtown of Quito, Ecuador. Jun 24, 2009
This cafe has the best view of Colonial Quito. You should see both day and night time.. So it's better come here in the evening before sunset, and you can see both the sky and the historic town change the colors with light games :))

Check Quito Hotel Deals