Cafe Mondo and Bar

Cafe Mondo and Bar - small sign so that you wouldn't get lost

Cafe Mondo and Bar Arrowtown Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
worth a stopover Nov 26, 2014
This small eatery is located in the heart of a small town called Arrowtown, which is mostly known for being a historic gold mining town. Well hidden in the back of the main street between a few other eateries of the same sort, you can find this „jewel” all the way in the back.

Café Mondo itself isn’t all that big, but you can’t miss the beautifully decorated counter with of course all the yummy things they have for sale. If the weather permits it, you can choose a place inside or even outside on the terrace where you can relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Most of all the cookies, scones, bread and so on are handmade and I am sure with the best ingredients there are.

Since me and Tania didn’t had too much time to order something of there breakfast or lunch menu (which by the way looked more than delicious), we just settled with a humongous scone with cream and raspberry jam, which we shared as well as a nice cup of chai latte.

I can honestly say that I have never tasted such a delicious thing in my life and it made my day completely as well as my view on scones in general. I wasn’t always such a fanatic when it came to scones, but this experience made me change my view on things.

If you happen to be in the neighborhood, don’t give this a miss and when the sun is shining and you can sit on that small but beautiful terrace, you know you are on a holiday!

Thumbs up for the friendly staff as well!
part of the building
small sign so that you wouldn't ge…
scrumptious scone and jam
yummy chai latte
FoxyFauz says:
Congratulations on the featured review!
Posted on: Apr 17, 2015
vances says:
Pretty sweet review!

:^)
Posted on: Apr 13, 2015
RIGAS says:
Congrats on your featured review Ils!
Posted on: Apr 13, 2015