Cafe Mexicali

cafemexicali.com - 970-266-9292

Cafe Mexicali Fort Collins Reviews

huddleston huddlest…
Pure, fresh, deliciousness May 05, 2010
When I think about my favorite restaruants, the list seems to grow everytime I try and new place. However, there is one place that sticks out above all the rest. One restaurant I would be content eating at every day for the rest of my life. The Cafe as it is known by the College crowd in Fort Collins.

The Cafe is a family owned place, that is new to the scene. Opened in 2005, they opened with the goal in serving authentic mexi-cali (half Mexican half California) food that is "as fresh as it gets." Absolutely everything they serve is made from scratch. They use extremely fresh ingredients, and the freshness is celbrated and appreciated in all of the dishes. It totally makes the food better than the rest. You can tell that each ingridient was handmade with love, and it is a freshness you can only appreciate it while enjoying a bite!

In the tradition of Chipotle and Qdoba, burritos are ordered and made in front of you. Again, what sets the Cafe apart are the fresh ingredietns. The first thing you notice when walking up to the counter is the tortialla press and grill. Fresh tortillas are made almost non-stop, and in my opinion are the best part of the meal. They are soft and flaky and so yummy. My favorite thing on the menu is the burrito. I usually get the fresh chicken, but the Cafe is known for their AMAZING sweet pork. When they ask you what sauce you want, be brave and order the creamy habanero. It is a white sauce with a kick that is completely out of this world. You are going to be drawn towards the green or red sauces, and they are both delicious, but believe me when I say the habanero sauce is unlike anything you have ever tasted. Be brave and order it!!!! The Cafe also serves up great enchilladas, amazing salads, and their take on the quesadilla, the quesole.

If you are in Fort Collins, Cafe Mexicali is a must visit. I promise you will thank me. It is that good!

Check Fort Collins Hotel Deals