Cafe & Lounge Spoon - The Boat

www.spooncafe.hu - + 36 1 411 0933

Cafe & Lounge Spoon - The Boat Budapest Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Views over The Royal Palace and the Chain Bridge May 06, 2011
This is probably the most romantic setting you can find in Budapest! Imagine a boat docked on Danube river overlooking The Royal Palace and the Chain Bridge! We heard about this place in a travelling progam on TV so we decided to try it! Actually we went there in the afternoon to get some drinks and we came back at night for dinner.

We had dinner on a Saturday night without making a reservation but I recommend you to call before. It is located 40 meters on the west side of Chain Bridge and next to it you will find another restaurant on a boat but it does not look so fancy. Right when you get to the reception they will give you two options, you can eat on the east wing (formal) or on the west wing (sporty). On the upper level you also have two different spaces, one is indoors and I believe it is only used for special ocasions, and the other side is an outdoors chillout cocktail bar. In the summer time I am sure you can start having a cocktail before dinner and then eat in any of the restaurants.

The service is quite professional and quite helpful if you come with a kid :) They offered us a high chair and placed us on a quite spot. We started sharing a salad and some tuna tartar and then we had a main per person. The food is quite international, as I had an Indian dish myself, Silvia had some pasta with seafood and my mother had scallop on the grill. We also had a couple of desserts and wine. Everything came up to be 25000 Ft, which is around 95€, 31€ per person.
billyboy1978 billyboy…
Fantastic place! Jun 07, 2011
I went here with a friend a few years back. After spending a week in Budapest we decided to treat ourselves on the last but one night. The decor was brilliant, very slick and after having a few fantastic cocktails at our own leisure came our starters.......can't remember what we had now but really enjoyed it. The main meals we had both chicken dishes and to be honest, this was and is to this day one of the best meals we've ever had.....really recommend this place!

Check Budapest Hotel Deals