Cafe Karma

Cafe Karma - Outdoor patio of Cafe Karma

Cafe Karma Budapest Reviews

Devika1985 Devika19…
Karma Restaurant Budapest Aug 08, 2011
I had dinner at the Karma restaurant on top of the Westend shopping centre in Budapest while I was in Budapest for a city-trip in July 2011. I had dinner there together with Joel who is a travbuddy from Australia. I had a lovely Mojito and I ordered a dish with battered chicken, seasoned potatoes and grilled vegetables. The dish was served with a lovely and soft creamy sauce which complimented the dish perfectly. The dish was well prepared, it tasted great. Joel ordered a dish with grilled chicken and rice, that also looked very tasty.The menu at Karma restaurant is very diverse so there will be something for everyone on the menu. The staff is friendly, the prices are low, I can really recommend Karma restaurant. The location is also nice because its very central. When you're done with your shopping at Westend mall its a great place to get something to eat and when you sit by the window it also offers a nice view on the streets. I really recommend Karma restaurant.
breezejen breezejen
Cafe Karma in Budapest Sep 24, 2010
Every visit I’ve made to Budapest, I have gone to Café Karma. It has become one of my favorite places in the city. It’s located at the Liszt Ferenc square where the street is lined with many cafes and restaurants.

But why this particular place?

I like this place above the others for a few reasons:

• The outdoor seating is awesome. You can people watch, enjoy the music and have dinner outside.

• You can sit here as long as you want without being asked to leave.

• If you sit inside, the doors and full length windows are left open so you feel the openness even inside.

• I’ve been here in the summer, spring and winter and have never felt uncomfortable by the weather.

• I really enjoy the decor of the inside. It’s red with dark wood, big mirrors on the walls and on the side opposite of the bar are big, comfy couches.

The food is an interesting mix of Asian, including Thai, Chinese and Indian as well as Hungarian dishes. Karma also serves a selection of just vegetarian dishes which is something you don’t see much of in Hungarian restaurants. The food is pretty good and I have never been disappointed by what I’ve ordered. But honestly, other people I’ve gone with have commented that the food is not all that great. So I guess it’s hit or miss with the food orders.

The bar menu is as diverse as the dinner menu. There are a variety of signature drinks as well as staple drinks, beer and wine. A beer will cost you about 500 HUF, which is a bit pricey for Hungarian standards, but when you do the conversion, it’s about $2.25 USD. Unheard of in LA unless it’s happy hour.

The service is just OK and borders on being slow, but if you’re not in a rush and want to just sit back, relax and have a drink, then this shouldn’t bother you. But, if you have tickets to the Opera (it’s within walking distance) and you only have a small time window, I wouldn’t eat here.

I guess I like this place mostly because of the ambiance and the music. You can definitely find better food in other places. But it’s still one of my favorite places in Budapest.
Outdoor patio of Cafe Karma
Having dinner outside
Beer, relaxing, people watching, l…
Dinner outside Cafe Karma
festerwretch says:
Looks nice! :D
Posted on: Sep 25, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Cafe Karma

Gerbeaud and Cafe Karma
After the long day to the puszta, we decided to meet at the Vaci Utca during the evening. While there we wanted to stop off at Gerbeaud (another on the list of top 10 things to do in Budapest). Gerbe…cafes in Budapest. It was built in the 1850's and was well known to be the spot for the affluent and well to do. If you take a walk…

Check Budapest Hotel Deals