Cafe Intermezzo

(510) 849-4592

Cafe Intermezzo Berkeley Reviews

Eric Eric
Feb 17, 2006
One of the best places to get salads in Berkeley. Their chef salads are monstruous in size, and can easily be shared by 3 people for a good value meal. They usually give you sides of pineapple and honey wheat bread with the salad, both of which are extremely tasty. Although they also serve sandwiches here, I'm not the biggest fan of them and prefer Cheese & Stuff over Intermezzo for sandwiches any day. One negative thing about Intermezzo is that it's always crowded. Usually there is a line snaking out the door and it's difficult to find seating inside, but don't let that stop you from trying this place out.
patwen says:
The tomatoes and bean sprouts are what make the sandwiches good!
Posted on: May 15, 2006
Eric says:
I dunno, for some reason I just don't like the taste. I tried getting a Pastrami sandwich once, and they threw in all these tomatoes and bean sprouts and other things. Another thing is that the bread is so thick that it's the only thing I taste.

I haven't tried the chicken salad sandwich though...Maybe I'll give it a shot next time i'm there.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2006
willahu says:
Not a fan of their sandwiches? How is that possible? I love their chicken salad sandwich. It's perfectly seasoned and piled high on freshly baked honey wheat bread.

Their salads are also good, but you gotta get it with the poppy seed dressing.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2006