Cafe Hooghoudt

Cafe Hooghoudt - Art

Cafe Hooghoudt Groningen Reviews

Suusj Suusj
Cafe Hooghoudt Feb 15, 2016
Grand Cafe Hooghoudt is located at the market square in Groningen.

We arrived at Groningen after midday and we decided it was time for some lunch before exploring Groningen a bit more.

We entered Hooghoudt and decided to eat upstairs. A nice place that gives you an overview of the downstairs ares. As well as it allows you to look at the market place trough the big windows.

Hooghoudt is a bit of student place. Though in the best way possible. We didn't feel out of place for a second, being with child and surrounded by students studying.

The menu had a lot to offer, great dishes and more then enough to choose from as a vegetarian. The husband got some kind of stuffed bread (probably with chicken ;) ) as I opted for a salad. Our daughter ate a bit of both. There are no high chairs though so sitting on our laps was the way to go. I really enjoyed my salad as did my husband his dish. Nothing really special or unique though great taste and presentation. Staff is friendly and service is great. Our food arrived fast which i prefer.

The restrooms are downstairs in the basements. No changing area for small kids either. But that wasn't a problem for us.
Cafe Hooghoudt