Cafe Gyzylgum

Garassyzlyk Kasesi, Mary, Turkmenistan

Cafe Gyzylgum Mary Reviews

DAO DAO
Great Waterside Dining Feb 08, 2017
When I arrived in Mary, my tour guide recommended this excellent restaurant. It is located along a canal near the Mary Museum. It has a set of large terraces and plenty of tables inside and out. They actually have an open air grill area so you can watch the chefs practicing their grilling perfection. They state that they serve Turkish and European food, but their menu looked virtually totally Turkish and Turkmen. No problem as they food is excellent. The menus are in Russian, but they have excellent photos of each dish and the waitresses do speak a little English. All of the waitresses were friendly, helpful and always smiling – except ours. For some reason every restaurant in Central Asia has one *** from hell that works there, possibly related to the owners, Satan or both. Yep, we drew her. We even had an electronic button on the table, but this was just a paperweight. Thankfully I gave up and when I wanted something I just asked another waitress. They seemed to hate her as well.

Inside they have a bar and a disco. Outside they have a children’s play area. The locals seem to

frequent this nice place. I had borscht which went well with my fresh assortment of breads and

massive cold beers. My wonderful mixed kebab came with fresh flatbread, rice, onions, salad and

several sauces. Mouthwateringly gorgeous.

A great place to dine, just don’t get the waitress from hell.
Mary Map