Cafe Garer Stuff

45 Rue des États-Unis, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Cafe Garer Stuff - Yes, they sell very big beers!
Cafe Garer Stuff - A dissected panzerotti.
Cafe Garer Stuff - A meal fit for a king.
Cafe Garer Stuff - Panzerotti menu.
Cafe Garer Stuff - A very fine Luzembourgois beer.
Cafe Garer Stuff - Garer Stuff bar.
Cafe Garer Stuff - Garer Stuff bar.

Cafe Garer Stuff Luxembourg Reviews

planxty planxty
Just a little edgy and utterly brilliant. Apr 21, 2017
So, I had arrived in Luxembourg and obviously I was going to have to investigate the local area. I did not fancy going too far that first evening as it had been a long day but a few minutes walk through a slightly seedy area of strip clubs and sex shops brought me to what looked like a half decent little bar called the Cafe - Brasserie Garer Stuff. It was unpretentious, although clean and tidy, quite busy with local people and just exactly my sort of place. I called for a beer which was one of the local brews (Bofferding if memory serves) which is a fine beer albeit I had been somewhat spoiled by the myriad offerings of Belgium where I had just come from.

The lady behind the bar was terribly friendly and we managed to get by in my pretty abysmal French which I was getting probably too confident in for my ability and her English which was about of the same level so I did not feel so bad. There were a few fairly raucous outbursts from several tables of middle aged men but she assured me it was nothing to worry about and so it proved, merely a bit of boisterous behaviour and nothing to be concerned about. Although the Garer Stuff had a certain edge to it which I love and actively seek out, I certainly never felt in the slightest threatened there on the several visits I made.

Unusually for me I was a little hungry and this being a Friday night it was Panzerotti night. What in the name of all that is holy is a panzerotti, I had never heard of one? if you know what one is I apologise and if not then please allow me to explain. A panzarotti is basically like a small calzone which is normally deep fried rather than oven baked, simple as that. I had seen several other people having them and they looked delicious so I ordered up one and it was utterly gorgeous and very good value at about €5 if memory serves. Hopefully on the principle that a picture paints a thousand words my images here will give some idea. With my miniscule appetite it was more than enough for an evening meal and the perfect bar snack to accompany the excellently served beer. I should mention that this is not the only food on offer and there is a full menu of much more substantial food available throughout the day. Nothing overly fancy, just good "beer soakers" as we used to call them.

Yes, this place is in one of the rougher quarters of town. Yes, it can get a little lively although never worrying. Yes, it is fairly basic and yes, I love the place. This is effectively planxty in his element.

Hugely recommended if you think like I do but well worth a look even if you are a little more genteel as you will certainly come to no harm.
Garer Stuff bar.
Garer Stuff bar.
A very fine Luzembourgois beer.
Panzerotti menu.