Cafe Gabriadze

+995 577 55 65 94

Cafe Gabriadze Tbilisi Reviews

SWFC_Fan SWFC_Fan
Intimate cafe next to the Clock Tower Mar 09, 2017
My girlfriend and I visited Cafe Gabriadze for a drink one evening during our stay in Tbilisi in February 2013.

This ornately decorated (with a theatrical theme) cafe and restaurant is attached to the Tbilisi Marionette Theatre and is next to the city's famous Clock Tower in the old town.

We took a seat in one of the cafe's dimly lit rooms at a small heart shaped wooden table that was covered in graffiti. The graffiti was part of the decor, not an act of vandalism! A small lamp with a pink shade lit our table and the atmosphere was quite intimate.

As we were heading to the sulphur baths after our drink, we decided to keep off the alcohol and enjoy some tea instead. Although more expensive than most places in Tbilisi, there was a good selection of unusual teas at Cafe Gabriadze.

I opted for:

Baku style black tea with thyme - 5.80 GEL (£2.25)

A pot of Azeri tea with a very strong taste of thyme. The pot gave around three glasses of tea. Despite the taste of thyme, I still felt the need to sweeten the tea with a cube of sugar.

Emma opted for:

Hot black tea with red wine - 6.20 GEL (£2.50)

The taste of red wine was very evident and the tea was sweet, but again, we still felt the need to add a cube of sugar.

A good selection of unusual teas next to the Clock Tower in Tbilisi's old town!

Check Tbilisi Hotel Deals