Cafe Fleur-De-Lis

(504) 529-9641

Cafe Fleur-De-Lis New Orleans Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Great Drinking Breakfast May 16, 2015
Having had a good breakfast the day before at the Old Coffee Pot, I wanted to try another place that I had heard was tasty. It was on Bourbon Street. My friend and I, both in our 40's, were kind of appalled by Bourbon Street the night before. Very touristy, neon lights, crowds, etc. That morning when we arrived to the establishment the neighborhood smelled like vomit and urine. Not a conducive atmosphere for easting breakfast, no matter how good the place is supposed to be. So we went up another block, where I read about a third yummy place, which was the Cafe Fleur-de-lis. The place was crowded with many people enjoying their breakfasts which smelled amazing. My friend ordered a mimosa and I tried chicory coffee, which is a thing down there. I wasn't a fan of this coffee though. In any case, we then ordered our breakfasts. I had eggs florentine. It was so tasty, with a slight kick, and served with home fries. To say it hit the spot is an understatement. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I had most of the food in the city. New Orleans knows how to eat. I should also mention that when placing the order the waitress kept asking me, insisting almost, that I wanted something else as well. I assured her that coffee and breakfast is what I wanted. After she left my friend chided me for not ordering a real drink. It was 9am, and I wasn't ready yet. She then brought to my attention that literally everyone else in the place had a drink. I was the only one who didn't, and she was ashamed of me. Honestly, I was a little ashamed of me, but let me have my coffee first! After my coffee, I ordered a mango mimosa, which was lovely. The waitress smiled and said she knew I was going to order a drink, it's N'awlins after all. Great food, vibe, drinks, and no smell of expelled body fluids.

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals