Cafe Duport

Av. de las Americas, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Cafe Duport - empanada chilena, was big
Cafe Duport - empanada chilena, was big
Cafe Duport - empanada chilena & tortilla de verde
Cafe Duport - yummy tortilla de verde, plantain!!!

Cafe Duport Guayaquil Reviews

simplydt simplydt
Avoid this gamble. Jul 15, 2012
If you are at the Guayaquil airport you are better off buying some lottery tickets than gambling with your money here. We ate with a group of 4 here in July 2012 and the service was horrible.

Aside from the bad service, my scrambled eggs looked like they had been waiting for someone to eat them for days, granted it was more like half an hour probably but they were cold and looked like plastic. My portion of scrambled eggs was tiny and the bread I got was meant to come with Jam and Butter which I did not get until 15 minutes later when I got tired of waiting and asked the waitress where the rest of my order was.

All of our meals came minutes separated from each other but to their redemption at least 2 of the 4 meals were fine and fresh, aside from the little fact that the pancakes had no maple syrup at all (maybe half a tea spoon) so we once again had to ask the waitress, who was increasingly getting annoyed by all of our extra requests, to bring us some more maple syrup please.

In the end, for the price paid for breakfast (about $8 per person), you are better off waiting to eat on the plane or trying one of the other places in the airport. You may be in luck and your service and meal may be good but you may also find yourself on the wrong side of service and get a really bad meal and horrible service.

Good luck.
yadilitta yadilitta
Eating at Guayaquil Airport - Cafe Duport Sep 15, 2009
Well, eating at the airport is never exciting, most of the time you just find regular sandwiches, cakes, coffee, nothing outrageous.

Last time in Guayaquil, we spent a couple of hours at the airport and instead of staying at the 2nd level we decided to go downstairs and found nice cafeterias.

This one offers besides the traditional sandwiches the traditional "Tortilla de verde" which are made with plantain stuffed with chicken. It was very good. Perfect way to say goodbye to the Ecuadorian plantains ;)

If you are killing time at the airport, I'd recommend to stop at this place. Service is very good, have comfy chairs / sofas and wi-fi!
empanada chilena & tortilla de ver…
empanada chilena, was big
yummy tortilla de verde, plantain!…

Check Guayaquil Hotel Deals