Cafe Deux Magots

6 place Saint Germain des Prés - 75006, Paris, France - 01 45 48 55 25

Cafe Deux Magots Paris Reviews

lulusartshack lulusart…
Tasty hot chocolate Oct 22, 2007
I went to Cafe Deux Magots for breakfast the day I left to fly back home on the suggestion of one of my travel buddies. I knew it was *famous* because of the writers who hung out there, but honestly, I didn't really care about all that. I just wanted a tasty breakfast. And I wasn't disappointed. The three of us crammed into the tiny table to have what was easily the best hot chocolate we had while in Paris. The grilled tartine was about standard and the croissants looked average too. The waiter was friendly and pretty laid back. It was definitely a memorable "last meal" in Paris.
fredleal fredleal
Jul 14, 2006
Deux Magots is full of history for your average bookworm. It's mentioned in works such as Hemingway's autobiographical "A Moveable Feast", and was a typical hang-out place for names like F. Scott Fitgeral, Gertrude Stein, and many more.Yes, there will be tourists, lots of them. But St. Germain is a beautiful neighborhood, and even though you might find food as good as Magots' - and cheaper! - in pretty much any café around, it is still well worth the visit.One basic rule for eating out in a foreign country is "look for where the locals eat". And if you look beyond the tourists that usually crowd the place, yes, you'll still find the parisiennes not missing a single fresh baked goodie.Staff at Deux Magots are more relaxed than the average service in Paris. At least, they were when my cousins and I started a roda-de-samba in one of the outdoor tables. And it even included a cotton napkin turned into a head bandana, and the ice bucket taking on the role of a drum. It could be just us, or the (well spent) money on wine and champagne bottles. But I only brought back home wonderful memories of Deux Magots.
laboheme laboheme
Jan 30, 2006
Cafe Deux Magots is one of the most famous cafes one could visit in

Paris. Classic Parisian cafe architecture and full of history

where famous writers spent time eating brioche, coffee creme, or fresh

oysters. People like Hemmingway, Satre, James Baldwin, Gertrud

Stein all lived a poor existence writing at Magots tables. You

can get a real thrill knowing this and sitting and people watching life

walk by on St. Germain. A bit on the spendy side; 2 cafe creme

and 2 pastries costing about 27 Euro. But well worth it.

Tourists and locals alike enjoy this spot.

Photo link: Cafe Deux Magots
laboheme says:
Sadly, I'm home now. I didn't make it to Le Christine, I had started to get a cold Wed night and my flight was Thursday morning so I wen to a little cafe on Rue de Raspail near the hotel. Thanks for the note! Kris
Posted on: Feb 03, 2006
Nick says:
i went there about a month ago! your review was very accurate. what an awesome place:)
Posted on: Feb 01, 2006