Cafe Deco HKIA

North Departures Concourse, Hong Kong International Airport (Chek Lap Kok), Hong Kong

Cafe Deco HKIA Hong Kong International Airport (Chek Lap Kok) Reviews

ctjevans ctjevans
excellent food in HKIA Jul 25, 2012
While enduring a 24.5-hour flight delay in Hong Kong International Airport, I enjoyed one terrific meal at Cafe Deco. The airline had provided for passengers to get HK$75 credit by showing our delayed flight boarding passes at most of the airport's restaurants, but that only equates to about ten US Dollars, which doesn't buy very much in an airport!

After the 19th hour and seventh false estimated departure time was posted on the display board, I insisted that the airline buy me a satisfying meal without the absurd HK$75 limit. The ground crew supervisor eventually agreed and instructed his colleague to escort me to the restaurant and approve my purchase.

I ordered Smoked Salmon Naan & Mozzarella Bruschetta, fresh mango & grapefruit juice, baked Tandoori Sea Bass Fillet & Naan Bread with yogurt sauce, Grilled Fellet of Scottish Salmon, Cafe Deco's Clasic Salad, and the Banana Royale! I had also ordered the German Cheese Cake, but the water mistakenly thought I wanted the banana split "instead" of the cheese cake rather than "in addition to" as I had intended. The total bill came out to HK$974.60 (~$125.63 US).

The food was all superb and Cathay Pacific paid the bill, so I was able to return to the gate full and happy to wait out the last few hours before we finally boarded.
Cafe Deco HKIA Map
Hong Kong International Airport (Chek Lap Kok)
photo by: denisx