Cafe De Jaren

20-22 Nieuwe Doelenstraat, Amsterdam, Netherlands
020 625 5771
Cafe De Jaren - my fresh mint tea!!!!!!!
Cafe De Jaren - apple pie
Cafe De Jaren - my fresh mint tea!!!!!!!
Cafe De Jaren - and again my fresh mint tea ;P
Cafe De Jaren - the view from our table

Cafe De Jaren Amsterdam Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Cafe de Jaren Apr 24, 2016
I found this place by coincidence. Me and my friend had to wait one hour for a movie we wanted to watch in Pathe Tuschinski Cinema and the cafe is quite close to it. I'm so glad we gave it a try as we found an absolute gem.

This cafe is typically busy and has a good atmosphere. It is huge and has two floors. The views from both are incredible. The big windows give a beautiful view of the Amsterdam's canal. You can sit outside if you want and if weather lets. The terrace faces the water's edge. You can watch the boats sailing by. I can imagine how popular this place must become in summer. It was very busy when I visited and it was hard to get a seat but we were lucky to get one, next to the window, with a view! People who came few minutes later had less luck as they had to wait for a table.

The food menu is simple but good. The service is okay. Could be faster though. Prices are reasonable.

What I loved here the most, was the fresh mint tea! It tasted good and it looked good! It was served with optional honey.

The only thing I didn't like here is the idea of having to pay for the toilet, but this is typical for Holland maybe, as it wasn't the only place I had to pay 0,5 euro for entering a toilet, even if I was a guest.

All in all, Cafe de Jaren is an awesome place! So if you are in the city centre and you really want to have something fresh and tasty in a desirable location, this is your place. I really recommend it!
my fresh mint tea!!!!!!!
my fresh mint tea!!!!!!!
apple pie
the view from our table
curious_claire says:
The cafes you find by accident are always the best. My favourite tea spot in London was an accidental find. This place sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on: May 14, 2016
Ils1976 says:
sadly enough the toilet issue is the same in Belgium but not when you are a customer ... that's just one step further!
Posted on: May 01, 2016
spocklogic says:
Good find - Thanks for sharing! That is kind of tacky though, having a pay toilet.
Posted on: Apr 24, 2016