Cafe De Doelen

125 Kloveniersburgwal, Amsterdam, Netherlands
020 624 9023
Cafe De Doelen - the cafe is on the left side north of the drawbridge
Cafe De Doelen - The bartender was nice and took my picture.
Cafe De Doelen - local musician who likes Jameson
Cafe De Doelen - local musician who likes Jameson

Cafe De Doelen Amsterdam Reviews

Larrys Larrys
Small neighborhood bar in Amsterdam Apr 26, 2009
The Cafe de Doelen is a nice little bar/restaurant located on a canal across from the drawbridge in Amsterdam. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. During the day they offer a light lunch menu featuring salads,soups and sandwiches. I arrived just before dark, so I have no idea how good the food is but the bartender told me they have good salads.

I found this cafe by accident. I was wandering the streets of Amsterdam and admiring the drawbridge when I was drawn to this place by the sound of a lone acoustic guitar.

From the cafe I could see the drawbridge which was illuminated by 4 giant flood lights at the base and stood out against the dark night sky.

The Cafe is a small place with seating at the bar for 10 in the front and a dozen tables in an adjacent room to the right of the bar.

In the back of the restaurant area there was a guitar player playing some old Jimmy Buffet, James Taylor and Clapton tunes.

If you find yourself wandering around Amsterdam and have a chance stop in and have a pint in a nice little neighborhood bar and say "hello".
the cafe is on the left side north…
local musician who likes Jameson
The bartender was nice and took my…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals