Cafe D'Alsace

www.cafedalsace.com - (212) 722-5133

Cafe D'Alsace New York Reviews

Cheryl529 Cheryl529
Transported to France on a Rainy Afternoon Jun 07, 2016
I stopped in for a late lunch yesterday. I was transported to France on a dark and rainy NYC day. I started off with a lovely glass of Pinot Gris and decided to try their pre fixe lunch. 3 courses of pure happiness.

I started off with the duck terrine. It was served with pickled pearl onions, cornichons, and country bread. Hearty, flavorful and well balanced.

A second glass of pinot gris was ordered. ;)

Then came the skate in a lemon caper sauce served with wild rice and brussels sprouts. Perfection.

Dessert was the creme brulee. It was served with a madeleine. Heaven

Service was friendly and prompt. Great place when dining solo.
ProptartX ProptartX
Cozy French place on the ues Jun 02, 2011
Great ambiance, albeit on the louder side, so perhaps not ideal for a first date. Bartenders know how to pour a stiff drink! I might also add that the portions here are almost indecently large ( e.g. 3 full scoops of homemade sorbet for dessert would only be considered "single-serving" if you're the Hulk).
mrgishi mrgishi
Great, Affordable French Cafe in the Upper East Side Jul 15, 2008
A group of us ate here after going to some of the Bastille Day street festivals. What a find! The quality of the food was right up there with some of the pretentious fine dining French restaurants in the city, but at half the price in a casual atmosphere with al fresco dining and friendly wait staff. The menu has plenty to choose from and a lot of variety including grilled sausages and Alsatian specialties. I had a really hard time choosing from the appetizers, but the poached egg on brioche and bacon turned out to be an excellent choice. Two of my dining companions had huge portions of bone marrow and the other had the largest goat cheese tatin I've ever seen. I don't know how you're supposed to finish your entree after that. I went the standard route with steak frites for my entree. It was very good, but not as exceptional as the other things we sampled. I had a very satisfying cherry brioche for dessert that was piping hot. One of the great things about this place, and unusual for a French restaurant, was their huge beer selection. That must be the Alsatian influence. I went without my usual wine accompaniments and instead had some outstanding beer on tap and even an Alsatian beer made with champagne yeast. Not too shabby!

Check New York Hotel Deals