Cafe Corretto

227-229 Lygon Street, Melbourne, Australia
(03) 9347 2300
Cafe Corretto - Inside Corretto.
Cafe Corretto - Avocado & Mushroom Pasta in Cream Sauce.
Cafe Corretto - Close up.
Cafe Corretto - Tuna & Tomato Pasta in Tomato Cream.
Cafe Corretto - Close up.
Cafe Corretto - Ferrari in the air!
Cafe Corretto - Cafe Corretto.

Cafe Corretto Melbourne Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
One of the Best Italian restaurants on Lygon Street. May 04, 2010
MAMA MIA! This is one of the best places for tasting Italian food! I'm talking about Cafe Corretto, the only Italian restaurant which has a Ferrari (not real) replica hanging on the ceiling. All the F1 racing photos and Italian cars photos.

I'd been to Cafe Corretto 5 years ago with my sis. We had a mushroom pizza and lasagne. They were delicious and great! This year, I visited Melbourne for the second time with my guy. I knew Cafe Corretto would be located on Lygon Street but silly me of not bothering to walk further; I ended up dining at Toto's (as I'd read it somewhere on a guide book).

We went to visit some friends who were located out of Melbourne; somewhere near Huntingdale. One of them told us to look out for the Ferrari hanging on the ceiling as that restaurant has VERY good Italian food. Honestly to speak, 5 years ago I was dining outside of the restaurant thus I didn't notice about the Ferrari replica. Anyway, he couldn't remember of the name BUT my guy and I decided to go to Lygon Street again to hunt for good Italian food this time. Lets give it a go!

My guy and I, we went to Lygon Street peeking through every window in search for that hanging Ferrari.

AT LAST! We had found it and oh my, it was Cafe Corretto...the restaurant which I'd been to 5 years back! What a coincidence! We went in and it was noisy and VERY crowded with customers but that's alright.

ABOUT THE SERVICE:

It was nice that we were welcomed with smiles and led to a table for two (lucky to have a vacant table for two). The server who presented the menus was very friendly. I really like it that when it is so crowded, usually servers would be impatient; upbeat and uptight; not smiley and happy but this is different. This is a world's apart, everyone (the servers) were smiling and being very nice to the customers. We ordered our drinks, I had lemonade fizz and my guy had Carlton Draught. Our drinks got served right away.

ABOUT THE FOOD:

Enough of pizza and we decided to have pasta this time! This is great, you could choose what kind of pasta like Spaghetti, Tortellini, Gnocchi, Penne et cetera. I chose penne because it is much easier than spaghetti which would splash some of the sauce onto your clothings :D Besides, penne is good for being coated with the sauce and such thus you get all the flavours in. I was intrigued by the Avocado with Mushrooms pasta and wanted to try it. My guy had Tuna with Tomato.

As we're enjoying our drinks and looking at the interior decor, there was like 15 pax that just entered (without reservation), and the server was nice enough to explain that it is packed and how he's going to arrange the tables ones the customers had left so then they could dine together (even though they could split into two groups). They waited at the door, and they didn't seem to mind. Definitely, if the food is good; it is worth the wait.

We needn't have to wait long for our food to be served. It was right in the spot, yes...it was DELICIOUS! We liked it and even though it could be a little pricey but it was all worth the price.

Looking for good Italian food with good service? I know there are others (I haven't tried) but try out Cafe Corretto! I'm very sure that it is lip-smacking good ;)
The Menu cover.
Inside Corretto.
Avocado & Mushroom Pasta in Cream …
Close up.