Cafe Brio

(217) 544-0574

Cafe Brio Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Brazilian Fusiob May 15, 2010
The one thing Cafe Brio has going for it is that it is open on Saturday nights. Very few restaurants downtown are. (Unless you count the super-nice ones). Cafe Brio is a Brazilian fusion restaurant located on the corner of Monroe and 6th. The menu consists of tacos, quesadillas, wraps (more or less a burrito) and a hamburger. Chips and salsa are served, but the salsa is actually the worst salsa I've ever tasted. I don't know what spices are used, but it tastes strange and there are HUGE chunks of onion in it. The guacamole we ordered in place of the salsa was really good, though. Great flavor and nice and creamy.

We received rather slow service. It took well over ten minutes dor our waters to be served. That did give me plenty of time to look at the menu. Practically everything was ridiculously overpriced. I chose the chicken tacos. They were delicious, two flour tortillas filled with marinated chicken, a wonderfully sweet mango sauce and shredded romaine lettuce. I'm not sure they were worth the $12, but they were good. The tacos came with a unique refried beans side and Mexican rice, which was okay, but not the greatest.

Cafe Brio has an interesting Brazilian or Caribbean atmosphere which stands out in Springfield. Would I return -- eh, maybe. It seems like a great place for a first date. But if I was visiting from out of town, I think I'd go to some place uniquely Springfield, like D'arcy's (see review of D'arcy's Pint).

Check Springfield Hotel Deals