Cafe Bar Roj.

Zusterstraat 10 2512TM Den Haag, The Hague, Netherlands

Cafe Bar Roj. The Hague Reviews

planxty planxty
Just my kind of bar. Apr 10, 2017
I have mentioned in my main entry journal entry to which this is attached how I stumbled upon Cafe Bar Roj whilst heading for the railway station and some of this is an unashamed cut and paste as I know some people like to read journals and others reviews. I shall, however, add all the technical details required for a review here.

It was a purely random choice and it looked clean and tidy enough from the outside as it was to prove to be on the inside. It is just a typical pretty much no frills bar that is so typical of the region and as is also typical the only woman to be seen was behind the bar serving.

Upon entering, I nodded a greeting and was instantly part of the company, it really did turn out to be rather sociable. I knew I was not too far from the station so I was not going to go too far wrong if I sat tight with them for a while which is exaactly what I did. Even when they all drifted off, presumably for lunch, I even sat tight for a couple more, a chat to the charming Turkish barmaid and even a bit ot TravBuddy writing on the side.

There is a large room at the rear of the premises which I believe serves as a function room complete with small stage and some music stands and also had a peek at the kitchen which was immaculate as, indeed, were the "facilities" when I had occasion to use them.

If you are a beer afficionado this may not be too much to your liking as it is bottle only as they have no draught which is not uncommon in these parts. I opted for a Heineken which was nice and cold at least although it is no way my favourite beer out there.

I am always a little concerned when I visit a premises tht feels the need to display houserules and when I saw the "houseregels" here which I attempted to translate I think it was no drugs and no weapons, the word "politie" (police) featured a bit. Admittedly I was there at lunchtime and maybe it does get a bit lively at night but I had a wonderful time there although I feel it only fair to warn the reader.

I know I would certainly go back there.

Check The Hague Hotel Deals