Cafe Andiamo

204 S 6th St, Springfield, IL, USA
Cafe Andiamo - chicken tuscan - yum!
Cafe Andiamo - chicken tuscan - yum!
Cafe Andiamo - panini
Cafe Andiamo - panini
Cafe Andiamo - coffee shop with menu
Cafe Andiamo - cafe entrance

Cafe Andiamo Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Downtown Gelato May 09, 2010
Cafe Andiamo is located downtown Springfield, offering an Italian cafe menu, such as pizza and panini. They also have a coffee menu as well as a selection of gelato.

I was walking downtown on a Saturday afternoon, and it was the gelato that made me stop. The man suggested I get the uber-fresh honey vanilla, and offered a sampling. It was good, but a little too sweet for me. I sampled the dark chocolate, the chocoholic I am, but it was grainy and I can't stand grainy ice cream. Lastly, I sampled the pistachio. And that was it -- so creamy, so smooth and nicely flavored. I got a cup of it. I thought it was a little expensive, $3.26 for the serving, but I was treating myself, something I don't do very often. I would definitely return to Cafe Andiamo for breakfast or lunch. The restaurant looked modern and nice and cozy at the same time. I just ordered my gelato at the counter, and then went outside to sit and enjoy the sunshine. They have several tables set up outside, and it was too pretty of a day to pass on dining al fresco!
alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Coffee shop with good food and gelato Jul 24, 2010
This little Italian coffee shop is across the street from the Old State Capitol. We stopped here for a quick lunch. It was too hot for coffee, but some of us got some anyway. It was a nice local coffee shop with the daily special of 15% off lattes. The food menu was written on a large chalkboard on the wall. In addition to coffee drinks, they also have beer, wine and soda. You order food at the register and then take a seat at one of the tables. The food comes out pretty quickly and was delicious!

I got a grilled chicken tuscan sandwich with potato chips. The chicken was more of a chicken salad, with seasonings, mayo and cheese. The bread was a grilled, panini cut tomato bread. It was so delicious! They also have salads and pizzas. My friend got a turkey avocado salad that looked and tasted really good. The chicken salad sandwich was pretty good, but had crunchy stuff like onions and/or celery in it.

There was a little gelato stand in the room next door with about 7 different flavors of gelato. My friend got the pistachio and really liked it, but I thought $3 for a small dish was a little pricey. This was a nice little place to stop for a quick, light lunch.
panini