Cafe Alcazar

25 Granada Street, Saint Augustine, FL, USA

Cafe Alcazar Saint Augustine Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
The Atmospheric Cafe Alcazar Mar 23, 2011
The Cafe Alcazar is located in the former Hotel Alzacar, now the Lightner Museum. In fact, the restaurant is located in the former hotel's swimming pool. (Yes, that's right, you dine sitting in what was the deep end end of the world's largest indoor pool in 1888.) It wasn't just any ordinary pool. They knew how to build pools then. You're looking up into a three-story atrium surrounded by columns, balustrades, and railings.

Cafe Alcazar is open for lunch and offers an array of cafe fare: sandwiches, salads, and entrees. We wanted to try it during our visit to the Lightner Museum. (You have to exit the museum and enter the cafe from the side on Granada Street.)

I ordered a Half Club Sandwich and French Onion Soup. It was the best French Onion Soup I have ever tasted! The sandwich was prepared with a nice fresh wheat bread. Susan ordered a Chef Salad and Drew the Shrimp Giovanni main dish.

What a delightful place to have lunch! Highly recommended!
Pianist at Cafe Alcazar
Cafe Alcazar atrium (Former Hotel …
Cafe Alcazar
spocklogic says:
There is something very odd looking here - Can't put my finger on it. The layout and decor is not to my liking. But good food is good food and you can't argue with that.
Posted on: Aug 02, 2011
williamsworld says:
I really need to visit St Augustine. I hear so many great things about the place.
Posted on: Aug 02, 2011