Cafe Adobe

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Cafe Adobe San Pedro de Atacama Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Good food and friendly service Oct 30, 2016
This is a popular mid-priced restaurant option in San Pedro, and rightly so from our experience. Seating is in a partly open courtyard with a fire at the centre which is lit when it gets dark, creating a cosy and informal atmosphere (if a little smoky). We found service to be both friendly and efficient, and while the staff don't speak much English, there is an English menu so this isn't really a problem.

We arrived quite early in the evening so decided to start by just ordering drinks which wasn’t a problem. So I enjoyed an excellent herby pisco sour as my aperitif while Chris had a bottle of beer. Our smiling waitress brought sopapillas and salsa dip for us to enjoy with these, while we got on with the serious business of ordering.

We decided to share the squid starter, which was good although not very generous – just five rings (Chris kindly gave me the extra one as it was my birthday!). I followed this with a very good chicken dish served with rosemary potatoes and Chris had pizza which he enjoyed. He drank a second beer with this and I had glass of wine in addition to the pisco sour. Our bill came to 46,000 pesos with the tip, which is about average for pricey San Pedro.

We liked Adobe so much we returned a couple of nights later. Chris again had a pizza (as a pizza fanatic he was full of praise for the pizza chef here) and I had an excellent salmon dish with a really flavoursome sauce, potato and salmon roe. Judging by the quality of the food on our two visits, Adobe deserves its good reputation among visitors to San Pedro.
Fire pit at Adobe
Pisco sour
Squid starter
Chicken with rosemary potatoes
andrejav andrejav
Heaven for all senses Jan 08, 2012
First day after coming back from the Bolivian Uyuni salt desert I was just strolling the San Pedro’s main street when interesting menu got my attention. After a month of eating South America’s staple foods of rice, beans, chicken and hot souse, I was more than open for change in taste.

Main menu said Soup of zucchini and Roquefort cheese… SOLD!

Outside of the restaurant is classic adobe house made of mud and when you get in, house opens to the nice square in the middle, mostly covered and filled with tables. Everything is made of raw pieces of wood, very earthy with lots of character.

I ordered a chicken meal and soup and enjoyed in Kunstmann beer, my favorite Chilean. Soup was incredible, just right amount of cheese and spices, and then something even better came to my table… “Chicken meal” came as a gourmet heaven, carefully arranged and prepared. Cook made salad bowl with larger piece of lettuce and stuffed it with lots of other greens, chicken was perfectly juicy, caramelized on the sides, laying on the top of sweet mash potato…

I don’t remember when I enjoyed so much with all my senses, and to my biggest surprise, it happened in the oases in the middle of the Atacama.
Entrance