Cafe Adobe

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Cafe Adobe San Pedro de Atacama Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Heaven for all senses Jan 08, 2012
First day after coming back from the Bolivian Uyuni salt desert I was just strolling the San Pedro’s main street when interesting menu got my attention. After a month of eating South America’s staple foods of rice, beans, chicken and hot souse, I was more than open for change in taste.

Main menu said Soup of zucchini and Roquefort cheese… SOLD!

Outside of the restaurant is classic adobe house made of mud and when you get in, house opens to the nice square in the middle, mostly covered and filled with tables. Everything is made of raw pieces of wood, very earthy with lots of character.

I ordered a chicken meal and soup and enjoyed in Kunstmann beer, my favorite Chilean. Soup was incredible, just right amount of cheese and spices, and then something even better came to my table… “Chicken meal” came as a gourmet heaven, carefully arranged and prepared. Cook made salad bowl with larger piece of lettuce and stuffed it with lots of other greens, chicken was perfectly juicy, caramelized on the sides, laying on the top of sweet mash potato…

I don’t remember when I enjoyed so much with all my senses, and to my biggest surprise, it happened in the oases in the middle of the Atacama.
Entrance