Cafe 5047 m

Cafe 5047 m - Cafe 5047: Lamb stew

Cafe 5047 m Kazbegi Reviews

ulis ulis
Cafe 5047 Feb 13, 2017
When i was in Kazbegi (offseason) this was the only place with more then one person inside, and it was really nice to sit in their garden in the afternoon sun, the minute the sun was down it went cold.

Since i did read their food is far from beeing outstanding, I ordered one of their cheapest plates, beans, which turned out to be a substancial thick and slighly spicy soup with fryed Polenta and pickled cucumbers, not bad, the wine was good.

Appearently similar prices then the other places in town.

On the main road opposite Stephanminda Hotel.
HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Cafe 5047 m Sep 12, 2014
I decided not to have dinner in my homestay as I also wanted to experience some other places in town. Unfortunately, there are only very few restaurants in Kazbegi, so I twice chose Cafe 5047 m for dinner.

It is named after the height of the Mount Kazbeg, which dominates the view from the outdoor terrace of the cafe. As the evenings in the middle of September were quite cool I took a seat indoor.

The interior is kept in a traditional style with wooden furniture. On both evenings it was mainly frequented by all sorts of travellers.

Cafe 5047 is not only a cafe, but also a restaurant with a limited but sufficient menu with a variety of local dishes.

On my first evening I had a lamb stew (12 Lari) and bread (2 Lari) and on my second evening I ordered pork shashlik (9 Lari) and rice with vegetables (5 Lari). The local Kazbegi beer cost 4 Lari. The food was good but nothing special.

Staff spoke English and was friendly, but a bit disorganised at times. As quite common in Georgia, a 10 % service charge was added to the bill.

All in all I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the Café 5047 m. Free WiFi is available here as well.

Café 5047 m is located right in the heart of Kazbegi's town centre at the eastern side of the main square.
Cafe 5047: Lamb stew