91 Brick Lane, London, United Kingdom
www.cafe1001.co.uk - 0872 148 0522

Cafe 1001 London Reviews

andreamylesa andreamy…
The leading Indie Hipster bar in all of London Aug 02, 2011
Firstly I want to admit that I spent every night at this bar when I was in London. I either ended up here after going out somewhere else first or started my nights here.

I was enamored by the unique and diverse mix of people who come here. Several times a night I would over hear somebody say that this was the best place to people watch... and indeed it was.

Cafe 1001 is situated right in the heart of Brick Lane where the cool, the hip, the floaters, the newcomers, the trendsetters and the outsiders all come together to have a drink and enjoy the evening.

The venue has both an indoor seating area and an outdoor one. Patrons can buy drinks and food at the bar and grill outside. The outside section of the bar has rows and rows of picnic benches. I loved how even though they were packed you could always manage to squeeze in next to some friendly stranger. Or you could take indoors for comfortable socializing on the abundance of couches and sofas provided.

The Cafe has the unique ability to be both a relaxing chill out spot to both sit down and drink or get a little loose and funky while listening to the dj spin classic hip hop, old school funk or drum and bass.

The bar is also devoted to showcasing local indie rock talent so most days you can catch a show for free. And the fact that there is no cover charge to come here is another reason why it's so popular. You get the enjoyment and convenience of great entertainment, friendly patrons, and progressive music, all for free.

The duality of this cafe/bar is exactly what makes it so appealing. I highly recommend checking out Cafe 1001 when you are in London and if you happen to go while Im in town I'll be more than happy to accompany you.

Cheers!
misseejjay says:
Next time I'll stop by at cafe 1001. Sounds pretty cool and relaxed. Just what I love.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2011
andreamylesa says:
Thanks so much x
Posted on: Aug 12, 2011
spocklogic says:
Well written review that captures a style for any traveler. When in London, I would go here for curiosiy based on what you wrote. Kudos...
Posted on: Aug 12, 2011