Café con Cuento

Café con Cuento - Café con Cuento

Café con Cuento Valparaiso Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Lunch in a bookshop Oct 29, 2016
Sergio’s first choice of lunch spot, Restaurant La Concepción on Papudo, was booked out by a tour group, so we had to look elsewhere and in strolling around the streets of this pretty neighbourhood we came across the Café con Cuento. Sergio had never eaten there, although he had been there for coffee, but all three of us agreed to give it a try and it proved to be a great spot for a light meal.

There are few tables on a small terrace outside but we decided to eat inside where you are surrounded by shelves of books as the café doubles as a bookstore. Sergio pulled down a couple of these to talk about and show us some other parts of the country, so we happily passed the time until our meals arrived (service is rarely speedy in Chile and here was no exception). When the food did come, it was very good. My quesadilla was delicious – you can choose any three ingredients from about eight, so it's easy to get something to your taste (I had mushrooms, corn and peppers). I also loved my fresh lemonade with mint, ginger and honey. The others both had panini – Sergio’s with salmon and avocado, and Chris’s with goats cheese, tomato and pesto. Sergio drank a coffee and Chris a fresh orange juice. These three lunches and accompanying drinks cost 21,000 pesos which we thought very reasonable.
At the Café con Cuento
Café con Cuento
In the Café con Cuento
My quesadilla
odiseya says:
I understand that! If you find similar places please let me know! Thank you!
Toonsarah says:
Me too! If I lived in this city I would come here regularly for sure
odiseya says:
Nice combination! I love bookshops!

Check Valparaiso Hotel Deals