Café am Museum

2 Steingasse, Speyer, Germany
06232 8544333
Café am Museum - Cafe am Museum, Speyer
Café am Museum - Cafe am Museum, Speyer, this sausage salad and the baked potatos were especially delicious!
Café am Museum - Cafe am Museum, Speyer, lemon spritz

Café am Museum Speyer Reviews

ingridtrekki ingridtr…
Coffee, cake and hot chocolate to die for Feb 26, 2017
I must have passed this cafe several times on my way from the car park to town, museum or cathedral. But it took until 2013’s pre-Christmas time that I saw it. And of course, in my quest to find delicious cakes I went inside for coffee and cake. It was a pure delight! Not only the coffee (latte macchiato) tasted good but also the cakes are pure indulgence. It was hard to decide but then it was their red currant cream cake that caught my attention (I love red currants) – it was enjoyment and a taste orgy. A couple of days later I came back with a friend and this time we both chose a strawberry cream cake. My friend had a hot chocolate and, being a specialist in these, she said that it was one of the best hot chocolates she had for a long time.

Next time I will be in Speyer I will try and go there for lunch and try their specialties. That December (2013) they had nice dishes on their menu: vegetable stew (4,20 Euro), potato carrot soup (3,90 Euro), pasta with ham and side salad (7,20 Euro) and Palatinate sausage salad and baguette (7,20 Euro). [To have an idea how this salad looks like – see =>Palatinate Sausage salad]. The reasonable prices and the quality of their cakes is enough for me to be sure that also their snacks and dishes are delicious. Oh and they also serve breakfast, until 3 p.m.

In the meantime, this is my favourite cafe in Speyer, especially since it has changed owners and is now head by an Italian family famous also for the best ice cream in town. They also have excellent dishes, Palatinate specialities. And they serve real lemonade, water with freshly squeezed lemon :-) Oh joy :-)
Cafe am Museum, Speyer
Cafe am Museum, Speyer, this sausa…
starship1 says:
Everything looks yummy -- now I am hungry!
Posted on: Mar 10, 2017